PetSafe 2 Dogs Premium Wireless Fence PIF-300-213
2 COLLARS!!! With this innovative, portable system, there are no wires to bury. Just plug the transmitter into an electrical outlet close to the area where you want to contain your pet.
Receiver Collar Specs:
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Is the Receiver Collar waterproof?
- Yes. When changing the battery, be sure to keep the battery area dry and free from dirt and debris.
- 2. Will the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System cover a larger circle than 55 m (180 ft) across?
- You can use another Wireless Transmitter with overlapping boundaries of at least 2 to 3 m (5 to 10 ft) to get a larger Pet Area.
- 3. Will a sloping garden affect the Pet Area?
- The Transmitter signal extends 27.5 m (90 ft) in all directions.
A sloping garden can cause the Pet Area to appear less or more than expected. Consider repositioning the Transmitter to maximize your Pet Area.
- 4. Can I use more than one Receiver Collar with the Wireless System?
- Yes. There is no limit to the number of pets you can contain with the Wireless System. You must purchase an additional Receiver Collar for each pet. Contact the Customer Care Centre or visit our website at www.petsafe.net to locate a retailer near you.
- 5. Will the Wireless System keep other pets out of my garden?
- No. The Wireless System is only effective on pets who wear the Receiver Collar.
- 6. Is there a hand-held remote Transmitter that will work with the Wireless System Receiver Collar?
- No. You would need to purchase a separate Remote Training System. Contact the Customer Care Centre or visit our website at www.petsafe.net to locate a retailer near you.
- 7. Is there a smaller Receiver Collar or another compatible Receiver Collar that I can use with the Wireless Transmitter?
- No. Contact the Customer Care Centre or visit our website at www.petsafe.net for additional ideas or solutions.
- 8. If I have a question about my Wireless System or need replacement parts, where can I get answers or service?
- Contact the Customer Care Centre or visit our web site at
- 9. Can I use the Wireless System on an aggressive pet?
- We do not recommend using any electronic training devices on aggressive pets. If you are unsure if your dog is aggressive, please consult your veterinarian or a certified trainer.
- 10. Can I use the Wireless System on a cat?
- The Wireless System can be used as long as the cat can comfortably wear the Receiver Collar.
- 11. What happens if the power goes out?
- The Wireless System is designed to recognize power cuts and shuts down without activating the Receiver Collar. However, if your pet is near the Boundary Zone during the power failure, he may receive a Static Correction. To lessen this chance, you may consider a battery back-up device for the Transmitter if your area experiences frequent power cuts.
- 12. What if I lose the clear plastic cover for the Correction Level Button?
- The clear plastic cover prohibits the Static Correction Level from accidentally being changed and also helps keep the Receiver waterproof. Contact the Customer Care Centre for a replacement.
- 13. If my pet leaves the Pet Area, for how long will he be corrected?
- Your pet will receive Static Correction as long as he is outside the Pet Area, for up to 30 seconds. The Receiver Collar has a safety time-out to stop correcting and beeping after 30 seconds until it is returned to the Pet Area.
- 14. How often do I need to replace the Receiver Collar battery?
- Battery life depends on how frequently your pet tests the Boundary Zone. The Receiver Indicator Light acts as a low battery indicator, flashing every 4 to 5 seconds when replacement is required.
- 15. Can I place the Receiver on another collar?
- Yes, any non-metallic collar. Make 2 holes in the collar to attach the Receiver. Use the collar in the kit as a template to locate the holes on the new collar.
- 16. Do I need to perform maintenance on my Wireless System?
- - Check your pets neck daily for irritation from the Contact Points.
- Check the Contact Points on the Receiver Collar weekly to make sure they are tight and clean.
- Check the fit of the Receiver Collar weekly.
- The Receiver Indicator Light acts as a low battery indicator, flashing every 4 to 5 seconds when replacement is required.
- 17. How do I know the battery in the Receiver Collar is still working?
- Take the Receiver Collar off your pet and walk into the Boundary Zone. The Receiver Collar should beep. If not, replace the battery.
- 18. Will buildings and landscape features (trees, shrubs, etc.) affect the performance of the Wireless System?
- No. However, placing the Transmitter inside a metal building or vehicle can reduce the maximum range of the Wireless System.
- 19. What do I do if my pet`s neck becomes red and irritated?
- This condition is due to the Contact Points irritating the skin. Discontinue use of the Receiver Collar for a few days. If the condition persists beyond 48 hours, see your veterinarian.
Once the skin returns to normal, replace the Receiver Collar and monitor the skin condition closely.
- 20. Can I attach a lead to the Receiver Collar?
- No. This can result in pulling the Contact Points too tightly against your pets neck. Attach a leash to a separate, non-metallic collar positioned above the Receiver Collar.
- 21. Why does my Receiver Collar have a beep only mode?
- The beep only mode can be used in training your pet to his boundary or for well-trained pets that no longer require Static Correction.