While Continuous and/or Momentary stimulation may be unpleasant, it is harmless to your dog. Electronic training devices require interaction and training from the owner to achieve desired results.
Your dog should be able to learn basic obedience commands such as Sit or Stay. The Collar Receiver may be too large for dogs under 3.6 kg (8 lb).
- 3. Once my dog is trained and has been obeying my commands, will my dog have to continue to wear the Collar Receiver?
- Your dog may need to wear the Collar Receiver from time to time for reinforcement. Also, many hunters keep the Collar Receiver on their dogs while hunting for maximum control.
- 4. Is the Collar Receiver waterproof?
- Yes. If the rechargeable battery pack ever needs to be replaced,make sure the o-ring and o-ring groove are free from dirt and debris.
- 5. Can my Collar Receiver be used around salt water?
- If the Collar Receiver is used in or around salt water, the CollarReceiver should be rinsed with fresh water following each use.
- 6. Can I use the SportTrainer SD-1225E with more than one dog (up to 3)?
- Yes, SportDOG Add-A-Dog Collar Receivers must be purchased. Please refer to page 14 for a list of compatible Collar Receivers.
- 7. Can I use the SportTrainer SD-1225E on aggressive dogs?
- We do not recommend any of our products to be used on aggressive dogs.
- We recommend you contact your local veterinarian or professional trainer to determine if your dog might be aggressive.
- 8. Will I get exactly 3/4 mile of range with the SportTrainer SD-1225E?
- The range you get with your SportTrainer SD-1225E will vary according to terrain, weather, vegetation, as well as transmission from other radio devices. To get the maximum amount of range, please refer to How the System Works section of this guide.
- 9. How long can I continuously deliver stimulation to my dog?
- The maximum amount of time you can press the Continuous Stimulation Button and deliver stimulation to your dog continuously is 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, the Remote Transmitter will timeout,and the Continuous Stimulation Button must be released and pressed again.
- 10. What do I do if my dog`s neck becomes red and irritated?
- This condition, pressure necrosis, is due to the Contact Points irritating the skin. Discontinue use of the Collar Receiver for a few days. If the condition persists beyond 48 hours, see your veterinarian. Once the skin returns to normal, resume use, and monitor the skin condition closely.
- 11. The Intensity Dial seems difficult to rotate. Is this normal?
- Yes. This prevents accidental changes in intensity and encourages an optimal waterproof seal. The knob will break in and be slightly easier to turn as you use it.
- 12. Can I attach a lead to the SportTrainer SD-1225E?
- DO NOT attach a lead to the SportTrainer SD-1225E. You may put a separate non-metallic collar on your dog`s neck and attach a lead. Be sure the extra collar does not interfere with the Contact Points.
- 13. Can I program my SportTrainer SD-1225E to work with my other SportDOG Brand systems?
- No, because the SportTrainer SD-1225E operates at a different frequency it is not backwards compatible.